best 20" LCD monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amy2

Beta member
I am looking to buy a 20 or 21" LCD monitor with the best quality for displaying text (in other words, I'm not a gamer and won't be using it for graphics) at high resolutions.

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop and will be using the monitor while the laptop is docked at work. The display adapter is an ATI RAGE MOBILITY -P AGP2X. At some point, however, I plan on buying a laptop with a DVI so I would like the monitor to be both analog and digital capable.

Does anybody have any advice on the best LCD for displaying text and what specs are most important. I have heard that dot pitch doesn't mean as much on LCDs as it does on CRTs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy

well for your words needs any lcd monitor will do the job, and a good job. first you ahve to consider your budget,second the brand. depending on that you can choose the monitor that better match your needs (when i say brand i mean quality of the quipmen in terms of durability, not of quality image, since you want your monitor basically for worsd aplications)
get the brand you prefer, any lcd monitor will works fine.
the dvi conector is just for enhance the picture quality, the diference is not big. you can use one adaptor to conect any vga to dvi and vice versa
the most important specs are the maximun resolution,energy economy, these are the main specs .

You can never go wrong with a Sony. I think the model number is SDM21BK... I will look it up for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom