BenQ EX3501R Monitor died, please advise.

BaltazarG

Beta member
Hi, this is my first post here.
External power supply fell from 20 cm on hard floor and tripped my electric fuse board.
I could only find power supply from different manufacturer, Phillips, but with exactly same specifications and plug.
When connected, monitor gives no sign on life, no LED indication, but power supply makes quiet electric sound every 5 seconds, like when monitor is in sleep mode.
I was convinced new power supply would solve my problem, so just yesterday I opened repair request with Benq, waiting for reply (monitor is still on warranty)
My first question is, what could be faulty, PCB board? What should I expect on the side of warranty? Would I be asked to cover any expenses if they decide this was my fault?
https://imgur.com/bGc58dU
Both power supplies.
Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, this is my first post here.
External power supply fell from 20 cm on hard floor and tripped my electric fuse board.
I could only find power supply from different manufacturer, Phillips, but with exactly same specifications and plug.
When connected, monitor gives no sign on life, no LED indication, but power supply makes quiet electric sound every 5 seconds, like when monitor is in sleep mode.
I was convinced new power supply would solve my problem, so just yesterday I opened repair request with Benq, waiting for reply (monitor is still on warranty)
My first question is, what could be faulty, PCB board? What should I expect on the side of warranty? Would I be asked to cover any expenses if they decide this was my fault?
Both power supplies.
Many thanks
I had an identical type of problem with an Asus mini laptop, Everything I tried would not work because Asus in their infinite wisdom reversed the polarity on their charges and the only thing that worked was another Asus charger

Back
Top Bottom