back up 4 computers with one drive?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i want to buy an external hard drive, and connect it to my router so all 4 of our computers can use the one drive as a back up drive. this is the drive i am considering ( https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...re=external_hard_drive-_-22-178-461-_-Product. ) our router has a usb 3.0 connector on it. which i will have to make sure is capable of running a backup drive off from. but i need to know if each (windows 10) computers can somehow use the same drive as a backup drive. 2 of the computers are wi fi only laptops, and 2 are hard wire desktops. i am thinking that the backup drive would need 4 partitions, one for each computer.

Your router will more than likely share the drive as a network drive. So as long as your backup software will backup to a network location I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just don't do them all at the same time.

THANKS. I had not thought of doing them all at the same time. that would cause a heck of a "traffic jam" wouldn't it. i was thinking the same time of day, a different day of the week for each.

Back
Top Bottom