Auto shutdown cause by RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooling

Solid State Member
My computer keep on experience auto restart and i send a error report to mircosoft and i was being detected that it may cause by hardware problem. I was ask to dl the Windows Memory Diagnostic to run on my com. So i have run a Windows Memory Diagnostic and there some failure. Is that mean my memory is sploit? Let say if change a new memory which is 256RAM DDR 333 Ram, will the data in my C:/D: drive will still remain? Maybe any1 could explain to me what function of RAM.Thanks

First off... what leads you to believe its your RAM? What are/is the error message(s)?

No replacing ram will not cause loss of data on your hard drive.

Basically... Computers use RAM to hold the program code and data during execution.

It keep on auto restart or even hang when i'am using the com halfway,sometime it will also hang when it is scanning the disk checking when startup...

The error message is a black sceen show it maybe cause by hareware or software before entering the window...i have tried to unplug all the external hareware like modem...but it still the same, it restart also....

So i run the Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp#top
and there is error report stated there is some failure in the RAM.

Yeah 86+ was what I was aiming for... (hense what I said)! Didn't even check the site out lmao! Just seen it was Memtest86 and figured it was 86+. Thanks for catching that!

Thank u guy 4 fast rely!

i have dl this version:

Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win) - 62.2 KB - MD5 : fb61d0166435976c31399ed68d90ff16

so can i know how to use it? i unziped it into a floppy.

Reboot your computer. Go into your BIOS settings by pressing "Del"

Set your primary boot device to A: or floppy.
(standard cmos settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom