Auto detecting primary master ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Baseband Member
I just built a P4 celeron for my mom and upon bootup I get a 15-20second delay as it "detecting primary master".

How can I speed up or skip this step? Or can I?

I'm using XP pro 45mb ddr ram, 20gb HD.

I scoured the bios settings and can't find anything.

thanks

ap

What type of BIOS do you have? Award, Pheonix, etc?
There should be an option to enter in the drive specs and take out Auto-Detect on the Primary Master selection.

-Mike

BIOS there is option to detect the hdds.detect the hdd save the configuration and exit.it will solve u'r problem

It's not award, its AMI BIOS.

I changed the HDD setting to user and filled in the drive parameters. It was on auto.

It does not show auto detecting anymore, but there still is a small lag before booting up. ~15 sec

thanks

vimal said:
BIOS there is option to detect the hdds.detect the hdd save the configuration and exit.it will solve u'r problem

When installing a new hard drive I select LBA instead of Auto within hard drive settings. I am not entirely sure what this does and I can't remember where I learnt this - but when you select LBA and restart enter BIOS again and change it back to Auto within hard drive settings. This always works with me.

It most provide the BIOS with the correct settings and save them - when you select Auto straight away the settings might not save every time you restart therefore taking longer to boot because BIOS has to detect them every time the computer is restarted.

Good luck.

(P.S I really don't know if it will work but it always seems to work with me)

LBA, Large Block Access, I think.

That option was not available among my choices.

ap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom