ATX PSU Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetyAmoeba

Baseband Member
Does anyone know the standard ATX PSU dimensions? Or what values they're usually within? I measured my PSU, and it stacks up as follows:

(L x W x H) inches
6.875 x 5.3125 x 3.3125

These are VERY rough measurements. I didn't take the PSU out, and had to work around the case. Just curious if they're close to normal ATX size, as I'm looking to replace it with something beefier.

The Antec true power 2.0 is:

W=5.9" L=5.5" H=3.4"

If you tell us your PSU we can tell you if it fits, or if your case is |ATX form, than it will automatically fit.

I have a Micro ATX Hp case (Ugh, I know).

It currently has a 300 watt Hipro (Model #: HP-D3057FER). You can obviously see why I'd like to upgrade. It states it has 19 amps on the 12volt rail, but I don't know how they tested it and under what conditions; might be right before the PSU explodes. ;)

Also, the length measurement was the hardest to do. I couldn't physically see where the PSU started and stopped, so I was left guestimating. The other measurements seem pretty on par with ATX dimensions.

If you have an ATX case, almost every PSU will fit as far as I know. If you have a Micro-ATX, you have to figure out the dimensions of your current PSU and go from there; which is what I'm trying to do, as soon as someone can get back to me.

Trifid said:
The Antec true power 2.0 is:

W=5.9" L=5.5" H=3.4"

If you tell us your PSU we can tell you if it fits, or if your case is |ATX form, than it will automatically fit.

If it helps, Newegg sells HIPRO PSUs.

I compared my PSU specs to the HIPRO 400 watt, and all values matched except the +5v and +3.3v. Perhaps mine was mislabeled? :confused:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817174014

Do you think using my current PSU with a new mobo would fry the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom