ATI vs nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

I'm getting a new video card and was wondering, which is better ATI or nVidia? I heard that ATI is better for movie editong and watching and all the other video crap, and nVidia is good for games. So just want to know which is better. I'm going to surf, wrod process, and play games.

wtf? taht's crap

there's no such thing as which is better for anything, it all depends on the card

like the fx-55 with better than the intel 2.0ghz for gaming, why? not because it's an intel, but because it's clocked much higher than the intel

same goes with the ati and nvidia, if you have a x850xt pe, it's much better than the fx5200 all around, not because it's an ATI, but because it's clocked higher (gpu/mem), has more pipelines, etc.

I fail to see how one could be better than the other at video editing since it doesnt require hardware acceleration in most cases, even a framebuffer device will work.You can surf with a 1mb 10yr old video card as well.

Which means, eliminating that, whats left is how good the drivers work with applications that need 3D acceleration.Nvidia is better at providing support for other OS's besides windows vs ATI that I do know.I guess that leaves driver quality with 3D, it would be interesting to find a website that has some kind of comparison as far as driver bugs and support for the two card makers.

Other than that this thread is serious flame/troll material, I doubt your going to get very many real hard serious answers here other than basic "fanboy" type responses.

This is a blatent attempt at a flame war and you know that..

Beedub should just close this thread, do a search if you really want to find one

The never-ending Nvid vs. ATI. Ugh IMO ATI is a lot better, especially with gaming, and it's better for OC'ing. I don't like the new Nvidia's they look like they would be used better for like workstations and such. Oh well, I just have always like ATI, though if you think Nvidia is good, go with em.

Most newer games recommend ATI graphics, like Guild Wars, EQII, and of course Half-Life 2.

Counter-Strike said:
The never-ending Nvid vs. ATI. Ugh IMO ATI is a lot better, especially with gaming, and it's better for OC'ing. I don't like the new Nvidia's they look like they would be used better for like workstations and such. Oh well, I just have always like ATI, though if you think Nvidia is good, go with em.

Most newer games recommend ATI graphics, like Guild Wars, EQII, and of course Half-Life 2.

there's no such thing as which is better

this is the dumbest question ever.

this is the dumbest question ever.
Agreed. A thing like OC'ing is just luck of the draw. If you compared an X850XT though, thats not gonna OC at all compared to like a 6800Ultra because that 850 is basically the 800 series already pushed to the limits. It's pretty known that this last generation of ATI cards are not heavy OC'ers

The 9xxx series was, but then again the FX had no trouble OC'ing either, but like I said it comes down to luck of the draw in most scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom