ATI Radeon 9600XT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I still haven't decided on which model to buy from the Radeon 9600XT :confused: (ASUS or Sapphire or ATI...). But then, I found out that this card may not even work right on my system...and I was wondering if it would work well in my PC without any limitations, and if it would get enough power to operate properly. My system specifications are: AMD Athlon XP 2100 (1733mHz), VIA-MSI KT4v motherboard (supports 8x AGP), 300watts power supply, on-board sound, 1 80mm x 80mm system fan, stock fan on the CPU, DVD (16x) and CD-RW (52x24x52x), 512MB RAM (PC2700) , and that's about it...as you can see, nothing fancy, which is probably the main reason why I was wondering if the Radeon 9600XT would run perfectly with enough power and no other limitations such as the CPU or RAM. So please suggest what should I upgrade, if anything, and what card should I buy.:confused: Any help would be appreciated guys...:D

another system fan would help. The 9600XT will probably contribute to system temps considerably. My 9800XT probably contributes the most to system temps in my computer. Can't wait till the VGA Silencer XT is released, i like the idea of the hot air off the Heat sink going OUT of the case instead of back INTO it. :cool:

as for which card to get . . .

if you can shell out more money, i'd get an ATI card with the ATI chip . . .

i've found it better when ive gotten the actual nVidia or ATI card rather than that of another company

just saying, cause a friend of mine got a sapphire 9800pro which didnt work very well . . .

he returned it under warranty and got the ati 9800pro, which worked perfectly

yeah, if i were you i would go with the most known, there. for vid cards, ATI of nVidia

ATI plays the mind game though . . .

cause nVidia 6700 ( i think it is ) is as good as ATI radeon 9800, but some people are like . . . WAIT, ATIs number is higher, so they must be BETTER . . .

but, of course, thats not the case

The 6700 costs 2-3x more then then the 9800 pro.. it damn well be better then the 9800, which it is..

and also, if someone is buying a video card, or anything else computer related and basis their purchases on "video card names" then they shouldnt be getting near a computer in the first place..

the "names" take a play in wich card you do buy. and i wasn't ever saying to base it completly on the brand, it's just another factor to take in when buying the vid card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom