Athlon XP 2800+ Really Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

raine

Solid State Member
Well, I've got a big heat problem here.
My AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Stock cooler ran at 56 degress celsius max. Without anything modfied at all. My brother bought the Vortex Dream 7 ACC-L72-U1 and there was a slight performance increase. From 56-55(not much i know) But it runs silent.

Now I'm using the 2800+ Barton and it runs idle 55 and gaming can bring it up to 68 degrees. This is way too hot. Is this a cooler problem or paste problem? Anyone with the same cooler? I heard that this HSF is unstable. Should I go buy a new HSF? I also wonder if the thermal diode beside my HSF's heatsink is spoilt. Anyone has any idea?
Definitely not the casing heat dissipation problem because once i stop gaming, the temperature drops rapidly to 55.. Roughly 1 min to reach 58 degrees.

the bartons run hotter than the others i think. Is it using the stock cooling also? You should make shur u have good airflow also. And get some arctic silver.

It's also using the ACC-L72-U1. My XP 2000+ Runs ok with 45 at idle. I didn't expect such a big jump. And the Vortex Dream 7 is configured even for Athlon 64 bits. I'm stumped. I feel that 60 is way too high already. Shortens its life span by a lot.

the hsf may be put on incorrectly, and use some thermal compound. Also rearrange the wires in ur case for good air flow.

whats yer room temp like i got a substancial drop in temp by just moving my comp from the living room to the kitchen which is the coldest room in my house my temps dropped from 55 to 45 then by adding a few extra fans i got it down to 42 it now runs at 45 oc to 2.200ghz and goes to around 49 when gaming and this is with stock cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom