Asus releases Pentium-M adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Quoted from the article at GamePC:

In steps Asus, who has ingeniously created a stop-gap solution for those who want a motherboard with fairly modern features for a Pentium-M processor without having to wait for Intel's 915PM chipset. The Asus solution is called the "CT-479", which is an adapter card which allows you to use today's Pentium-M processors in Asus Socket-478 Pentium 4 class motherboards. Not only does this give you much more selection in terms of what motherboard to run your CPU on, but also gives you access to technologies like dual channel DDR memory and AGP 8x graphics connectivity, which "true" Pentium-M desktop platforms cannot take advantage of. In addition, you can run a these mobile processors on a stable, refined Pentium-4 class motherboard instead of a first generation Pentium-M desktop board.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/print_co...8C592744A24F2DEFBB4C23C428015BB810742DCAF71EA

Sounds like the beginning of good news for all you Intel fans. If one can do it, others will follow.

Uh-oh. Dale's done gone off the deep end.

Hurry! Somebody sedate him!

Omg look at those benchmarks!!!
Using air cooling I could overclock a puny little mobile to be more powerful than an FX-55!!

Haha suckers, I'm going to own all of you with a little pentium mobile!!! You can take your $1000 processor and shove it

weeeeee!!!!!!!!

*runs out room, slams door, goes and buys a pentium-m*

wow, imagine what those can do on liquid nitrogen/cascade

btw if i remember right pentium-m's are ~$300

DDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Those guys look like n00b overclockers too

Yes, and it's quite obvious too. I can sum it up like this.

INTEL MOBILE PROCESSOR IS BETTER THAN FX-55. THEREFORE, INTEL IS BETTER THAN AMD!!!!! THIS CANNOT BE ARGUED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom