Asus Radeon 9600xt Vs Ati 9600xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey...can anyone one of u guys who know a whole lot about computer hardware please tell me what is the difference between the Genuine ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB, and the ASUS ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB? Besides that they are made by different companies? Which one is better? Why? Thanks.

Well the asus one is cheaper, number wise they look the same though. If you are simpley tryin to buy a cheaper card, you should look at the Saphire series. Lucky for you i can speack espanol, so i could understand most of this web page, but you can just look at the graph to see that the saphire out performs the Asus. A cool thing about the Asus is the smart doctor though, this gives you the ability to overclock your card very easylly. you can also control your video cards fan speed from this. The second link is a couple of bench marks which show a comparison between the ATI card and the ASUS card. Throught these tests though, the cards were pretty much tied. So by the looks of it, the best card would be the Saphire card.

http://www.dinoxpc.com/Tests/VIDEO/Radeon9600XT_ASUS_vs_Sapphire/pag8.asp

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/asus_radeon_9800_9600_xt/page7.asp

actually, the asus card is much better due to the better heatsink on it. therefore it will not heat up as much and will last longer, and will overclock better.

O.k...that sounds good...but what about the quality?? Is Sapphire as good as ATI or ASUS?

no clue, i personally own a purelly ATI product and my friend bought a saphire, no difrence to me. I do get better fps's though. he he he better processor. are you planing on overclocking though?

probably not..I was wondering, however...what's with all that external power supply some Nvidia cards use...? Will I need one with the Asus? Or the the ATI or Sapphire??

Basically, both almost the same cosz using the same GPU.
The differents maybe the price, accesories like bundle games, maybe how noisy the card is.
May 4 me, i will take ASUS.

so based on quality, performence, the bundle that comes with the package, and the price, what card should I ultimately buy then? And what is the difference between the ASUS 9600XT/TD and the ASUS 9600XT/TVD????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom