Asus Mobo w/ Intel 3.2E..conflict?? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwatc75

Baseband Member
ok I just bought the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and the Intel P4 3.2E CPU. The Processor has 1mb L2 cache and I just found out that the Asus Mobo supports only 512Kb L2 cache. Found out after
reading manual on page 1-2 . This is a new build and even a newer builder. Should I send this mobo back or can I configure something on Bios...Please advise.

have you tried putting it all together and seeing if it works? the board shouldsupport prescott cpus, and if not a simple bios flash should fix it. try installing it and it should work without problems

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking of putting it all together to see if it would work but this is my first build and wanted to make sure I had all right parts. I paid little extra for CPU w/1mb cache (still not sure why lol more is better right??) and wanted to be able to utilize it. I'm pretty sure it will run ok but by flashing the bios will the system be able to use the 1mb.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply Micro. Ok so it probably will work, do u know of a way I can test the system once its built to find out if it is using (or has the capability to) the full 1mb L2 cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom