AOC Monitor Question (Hz)

ImTorey

Banned
I have a AOC 2436vwh Monitor and was wondering why it works with 75 hz enabled at 1920x1080 but will display black lines at the top and bottum. it says in the spec sheet it supports 1440x900 at 75 hz and some lower resolutions but why those its a 16:10 , i dont get it. trying to make cs:go stop screen tearing on my 9800gtx+ -.-

Turn on vertical sync is you are screen tearing.
What FPS are you getting when the screen tearing begins?

60 + But Vsync causes mouse lag in FPS which is very concerning, trying to play in a competitive league in csgo so its not an option.

Your getting tearing cause your pushing the monitor beyond it specs. It is optimal at

Optimum Resolution
1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz

Since your trying to use it at 75Hz which is beyond the recommended usage rating, your getting tearing. AOC is a generic monitor, your not going to be able to push it like others and not have issues. Drop it down to 60Hz to stop the tearing.

The screen tearing in game is due to higher fps than the refresh rate. The black bars or whatever when running at 75hz is because as pointed out the monitor doesn't support 75hz at that resolution. When that is the case, sometimes the monitor will display something but it won't look right and I'm pretty sure you could damage the monitor. If you want to run the game at 1920 you'll have to run the monitor at 60hz. As far as the mouse lag, is that when you turn v-sync on from within the game? If so, try turning it off in game but forcing it from the nvidia control panel, maybe that won't cause the lag. Not sure but it's worth a try...

Back
Top Bottom