anybody recommend a good pci gfx card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I havnt messed with pci gfx cards in quite some time. Wife has a crappy radeon 7500 in hers and i got an x800 in mine. I havnt priced pci gfx cards in quite a while. Was wondering if anybody can give me an idea on what cards are good seeing how the gfx world is letting pci go, and there arent really any great cards for it anymore.

PCI graphics cards are outdated, and not many of them exist anymore. You will NOT be able to find a good gaming card on a PCI platform, but they do still sell GeForce MX cards for PCI. That is probably the best you're going to get with PCI.

I want to build her a new pc. or shoot i could one cheap off of tigerdirect if i didnt have the money to build one. But like most wifes(no offense to any lovely ladies out there), freak out with the fact that there husband wants to mess with there pc. When she was gone on day, i chucked her 5400rpm drive and ghosted it to a 7200 and installed it, trippled her ram, and got rid of her damn integrated stuff

Another one to look into isn ATI 9200. I'm not saying that it's the best one, but I know you can get a pci version of it.

Go with ATI over Nvidia on the previous generations. That and the FX 5200 card wasn't meant for hardcore gaming whether it was AGP or PCI....nvidia plainly says so on their website.

maybe one day when shes gone i should prolly just sh*tcan her cpu and board and get her a new one with an agp slot, should be able to find a miniatx board cpu and ram combo for cheap. Heck all she has is a p3 866, can prolly get the cheapest thing i can find and it will still be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom