antec sonata XASER III/V Coolermaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I am on the lookout for a good computer case which would help me with future expandibility.

I did some hunting and came across three makes.

Xaser III/V
Coolermaster
Antec Sonata

I was wondering which one would you guys prefer.

I am not sure what the difference between Xaser III and V is? they both seem to be priced the same.
Is Xaser III, the only case which offers USB and firewire ports in the front?

do all Xaser's come with the Skull in the front, or is it just the Xaser III skull which has the skull.

what do you guys think about coolermaster, it seems to be more pricey than Xaser III, but some people seem to swear by it.

i came aross some good reviews of the Xaser V and also the tsunami dream from thermaltake again. it is supposed to cool stuff in your PC down to 41 degrees (athlon 3200)

what do you think of the Xaser V and the tsunami dream?

where can you get the antec sonata, i tried dabs but they dont have it. i am in the UK

uk, i'm too,

best priuce you'll find is from MicroDirect (manchester) of course you'll be knowning micro direct.

btw here is the link:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=5471&GroupID=424

they are giving the far best price i've searched everywhere in UK.

i recommended sonata as its simple and good desogn with 2 X 120 fans + filters (1 fan included)

xazer and others are flashy, and expensive as wel, as sonata comes with silent 380W PSU. rest choice is yours as you might want flashy system.

xaser III comes with 4 fans and xaser V with 5 fans, so it should give better cooling.

i guess with the PSU price for xaser(20-30?) it will result in a price differenence of about 50 pounds.

so is that what the difference bwetween an antec sonata and the xaser series is.
more money, more fans, more cooling?

The Antec Sonata one of the best Antecs obviously, since most of their cases are crap. But i would go with the Coolmaster Or Xaser Full Tower. Coolmaster first of all builts ALOT more better cases then Antec, along with Thermaltake no hands down. I can sreach through case sites and find countless amount of goofy featurless Antec cases. But Coolmaster dont have that problem.

Personally i dont like Antec, i think almost all their cases have this certain unprofessional childish look to them. This case your talking about is a better one so you wouldent be wrong to buy it, unlike so many other people that buy their 60$ cases. But i would go Coolmaster or the Xaser Full Tower Case.

which coolermaster case would you recommend
what is a full tower case?

is the xaser III or XAser V a full tower case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom