Another Two monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarik :: Tentsu

Baseband Member
Prolly been asked before but...

I've got a MSI nVidia GeForce FX 5200-TD 128 MB right.

It's got an Analog Video Out and a Digital Video Out (DVI-O).

Now i've got a CRT monitor and a LCD monitor. Is it possible to have the LCD going through the DVI and the CRT going through the Analog and the Vid Card acting as a dual monitor device? Or would i need to buy another newer Vid card that supports two monitors?

Also, if i wanted OVER two monitors, what would i need?

i think you should be able too . . .

and you would need one of those KICK-@$$ comps and vid cards for 3+ monitors

Yes, you can use the DVI. You might need to buy and adapter unless one was supplied. I currently have three monitors running on my system. A Radeon 9800 pro(1 and 2) and a PCI Radeon 7000 power(3rd monitor) them. I used the Radeon 7000 because I don't use it to play games.

yes is it possible to connect 2 monitors, but as spartan said, yull need an adapter. And then configur windows, it should pop up, and read instructions from there.

Okay, I've got the DVI-I to VGA connector and i put it on the DVI-I output. But it still transmits no data to the screen and it just stays blank.

From DVI-I to VGA, does that actually change it from Digital to Analog? or just change the connector?

Or is it a setting on the Display Settings or something?

Right-click on an empty space on the desktop, click on "Properties" then in the window that pops up, click on the "Settings" tabs. You should see two boxes representing your monitors. One will be grayed out, click on that one then put a check in the "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor. Then click "Ok" and you should be good to go. One more thing, you can change how the monitors are arranged, click and drag to rearrange them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom