AMD64 Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

procagefighter

In Runtime
What's the difference between the 3000+ venice core and 3000+ winchester core...i know there is a different die size...but does that change much?

They are both 90nm, not just the Venice. That needs to be cleared up, cause I read a few times now that people are saying the Winchester is 130nm when it is the first 90nm CPU from AMD.

The difference is, a revised archetecture which allows 4 sticks of ram to run at PC3200, where as on teh Winnie it will downclock it to PC2700.

The venice has SSE3 instructions where as the Winnie has up to SSE2.

The revised archetecture of the Venice allows extremly high overclocks. All the Venices can get to 3ghz - 2.8ghz on air - so the 3000 venice can get to 3ghz along with the 3500 venice.

The venices also run slightly cooler.

The San diego has 1mb L2 cache the Venice Winnie have 512kb.

Basically the Venice is better than the Winnie.

i've got the DFI LanParty nF4 Socket 939, w/ a 64 3200+ Venice and it runs great, my temps are super and its super quick. I'm not overclocked at all and I'm running @ 32c, and right around 38c load... I love it.. plus they same price I bought retail version for 192.00$ cheap and worth it, but if your looking for a 3000 I think they are around 150-160 I wanna say. but yea DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D is a great board bro, It will run you right around 150 for the board, I recommend a 3200 though, The chip and the board comes out right around 350, Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom