AMD Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayWolf

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I've built my first AMD rig and was wondering if these temps were too high or within the spec.

Processor AMD Athalon 64 3400
MOBO Asus A8V Deluxe

Idle Temp 45 C
100% Load 60 C

A difference of 15 C.

Thanks

-GrayWolf

wow get a better heatsink fast that is pretty damn hot if you ask me mine idles at about 40 look at my sig for cpu and specs but under load @ 60c your gonna kill it look into getting a zalman 7700-alcu or 7700 cu either of these heatsinks will lower you temps a lot about 15c which aint bad find em at www.xoxide.com they have it cheapest rite not almost all their zalmans are on sale cept the one with the pretty blue lights

what kind of heat sink/fan do you have the tempatures sound ok but if you want to lower it you might want to upgrade.

Yeah I was kind of thinking that they were a bit high, I'll have to get another heatsink w/ some arctic silver 5....

look at teh zalman heatsinks cost a bit but they are universal and work with any cpu get the one with the 120mm fan leetness!

That's OK but a bit hot, i am thinking you somehow managed to mess up your thermal pad

My 3400+ with a venus 12 stock was 28 idle, 33 load

With it OC'ed to "3900+" (2.5ghz) it's 50 load and i forgot the idle, this is just over 1.8 volts as well.

aspire.comptech said:
wow get a better heatsink fast that is pretty damn hot if you ask me mine idles at about 40 look at my sig for cpu and specs but under load @ 60c your gonna kill it look into getting a zalman 7700-alcu or 7700 cu either of these heatsinks will lower you temps a lot about 15c which aint bad find em at www.xoxide.com they have it cheapest rite not almost all their zalmans are on sale cept the one with the pretty blue lights

May I suggest the use of a "period" somewhere in there? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom