AMD or Pentium 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I need to buy a new computer so I'll use one of the system configurators on a website. I only need a motherboard, a processor, a hardrive (40 or 80 GB), 512 DDR RAM, geForce 4 MX 440 128MB 8x DDR, and a case with 400watt PS. I will use the computer for gaming, graphics (photoshop...), flash, and other things. I want the price 450 USD or lower. I can't decide if I will get an AMD or a Pentium 4. They both have good and bad sides: pentiums seem faster (more catche mem, faster FSB and all that), and the AMD's are cheaper. Which processor would be the faster for my budget? (that $450 dollars includes the other components mentioned above)

Thanx

get an athlon they are cheaper fpr the same performance. cause ur on a budget. ex. athlon xp 2200 is about the speed of a p4 2.2 ghz or so.

I agree with play2lose amd 2500+ not much more that 2200 and much less than intel. Don't go anything above 2500 if you plan to overclock.

what's wrong with 2800? they are cheap enough for me. why does every1 say 2500?

2500+ is sweet spot right now just like intel 2.6 c is there sweet spot

2500+ and 2800+ are almost the same....it's just that u can overclock the 2500+ to be as fast ot faster than the 2800+ easily

I pretty much buy Athlon exclusively. They're usually a lot cheaper (except for maybe the new 64 FXs,) and they match up to the Intels pretty well.

Hello,

AMD ATHLON64 3000+ Processor
GigaByte GA-K8N Pro nForce3 Chipset 800FSB AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio

how is the performance of abouve system compare to a pentium p4?

Would it be a good choice for if i do graphic/audio/ development on a basic like above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom