AMD to Intel Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Hey,

I was just wonder what the difference is. For instance, an AMD Turion TL-64 Dual core that's clocked at 2.2Ghz versus an Intel dual core that's clocked at 2.2Ghz. I hear somewhere that you add 800Mhz to an AMD to make it equal an Intel but I dunno. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Tommy

Well there's a lot more to it than that. If you come up with a more specific question we can be of more help, but until then I'd check google and wikipedia for your answers.

But what I can tell you know is that clock for clock Core 2 Duo > Phenom, X2, AMD 64 > Pentium 4/D.

And also, there is no exact conversion for clocks, because that's not the only thing that gives the processor its performance.

Hey,

I was just wonder what the difference is. For instance, an AMD Turion TL-64 Dual core that's clocked at 2.2Ghz versus an Intel dual core that's clocked at 2.2Ghz. I hear somewhere that you add 800Mhz to an AMD to make it equal an Intel but I dunno. Help would be appreciated.

Core 2 Duo is much faster than a similar clocked Turion

this is a simple question with a pretty complex answer. i'd rather not get into the nitty gritty and give you a proper answer, the best way to relate the clock speeds was written above but i'll make an addition Core 2 > Core > K8 > Pentium M > K7 > P4 (K8 is the Athlon 64 series, K7 is the Athlon XP series). this is when comparing processors of the same clock speed.

if you tell us in particular what Intel dual core series you would like us to compare with we can give a better answer (there are 3 main series).

Hey,

Thanks,
- Tommy

Let me put it this way, Intel over clocks better for one, and keeps cooler. But to be honest the difference between the X2 and the Core Duo is so little, that its just usually smarter to go with the X2. But as far as the Quads go, Intel has AMD beat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom