AMD 2800+ barton or AMD 2600+ mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

72montecarlo

Baseband Member
A friend of mine is going to be building a computer coming up here real soon and ive got a brilliant plan:D Basically im not to happy with the overclockability of my current 2800+ barton cpu and i know the mobiles your able to overclock the piss out of. so this friend of mine im thinking might purchase a 2600 mobile for 100$ and i give them my 2800+ barton that was 130$. I wont be rippin them off since it will be faster then what they originally were gonna get and i know she has no interest in overclocking her computer and frying it. As you can see here on newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-436&depa=0 its only 100$ and from the reviews it should probably be able to hit 2.5ghz on just air cooling. Can anyone think of why this wouldnt be a good idea or why i should keep my current cpu?

How far have you been able to OC the barton chip? I have the same chip and Im just curious. Sometimes it's just the overclocker that is having problems not the chip.

Mobile procs tend to be geared towards notebooks. I've had limited success with them in desktop environments. Usually they tend to boast fast speeds, but because of their power reqs, they have some chinsy cache speeds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom