AMD 2400+ changed to 1800+ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Actually i post this question b4 but nobody can help me ,so i decided to post it again .
I got a AMD 2400 +processor ,but when the pc boot , it recognise it as 1800+ . So i change the FSB from 100 to 133 MHZ ..(multiplier leave it as 15X) and it become 2400+ .But when i play some games , my com will restart itself ...

what should i do ? should i change the vcore voltage ?

check your cooling, I know it sounds a little weird but now that you increased the bus speed, the processor will run much hotter. Most Mobo/CPU have a heat sensitive trigger that restarts your PC when the CPU gets too hot.

Sounds more like it is at the BIOS level but the change is coming from Windows. Weird, have you done a BIOS update? 2400+ runs at 266MHz if I am not mistaken. Is there a jumper on the motherboard that will change FSB from 100MHz to 133MHz? Interesting. What is the speed of your memory?

my memory is Kingston 512 mb DDR ram .maybe i should update my BIOS .

Lately,it just suddently jump out to windows while i playing games -but it happen only when i play Iron Storm ,Max Pyne and Soldier of Fortune . It works well when i play Mafia ,CS ........

my Graphic card is Asus V9520 128mb DDR .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom