Acer 22" CrystalBrite VS Samsung 20"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhasser

Baseband Member
Hey guys, want some real opinion, hard to find stuff on web - so much info, so washed out.

Which one would u recommend?

Acer P223W 22" CrystalBrite for $320

Samsung SM206BW 20" Widescreen for $340

I know that Samsung ones are good. It's 2ms, 800:1 (3000:1 dynamic, but I think it's bs - the whole dynamic thing) and 300cd/m2. Acer is 5ms, 2500:1, and same 300cd/m2.

But! Samsung is 20" and Acer 22" for $20 cheaper.

Now, I do a lot of graphic/visual work, and also lot of dvd watching. So real estate is important. However, quality is really important too - no dead pixels and fine blacks desired.

Also, power consumption is big issue for me (and the UK, as the prices went up yet again), and it's 45W Acer vs 55W Samsung.

------

So what do u guys think? Please, I really can't make up my mind as I haven't seen any of them live in action.

Cheers.

Well, how to explain..

Samsung are more of a known, reliable make, so you shouldn't get ANY problems at-all.
It's more price, but not as big, so thats what you need to think about.

However, I have an Acer laptop, and have not had any problems with it, so I'm not sure how reliable Acer are as a company, and how good they are, with their gaurantee.

I'd personally go for the samsung man.

Hope that helped.

I have never had any problems with any ACER stuff. And my brother had an acer laptop, with no issues for years. just to add... I have no idea though. Which one looks better?

I haven't used samsung either, but it's the reputation and feedback it has recieved, and the awards it's won.
But if people here, are also agree'ing to not having problems with Acer products, go for the one you like the look of the most.

Well, I have an Acer lap myself, and it's been running fine for 3 years now already.

Lookwise, I like Acer over Samsung. Geez, such a dilemma. Does anyone own any of those? Maybe, I should try find them in a shop and go see how they look live...

Dont buy something just because of the "brand". Acer is actually the third largest pc manufacturer in the world, and does make great products. The same panels used in acer lcds are used in viewsonics, id go with the acer myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom