A8v Vs Av8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well my mind was set on the Abit AV8 939 socket motherboard but since ive heard that you have to replace the BIOS chip on them for the winchester core CPU to work.. im kinda thinking of going with Asus A8V 939 socket motherboard... is this a good motherboard? and will it reconize the Winchester core CPU without replaceing BIOS chips? i just want a easy motherboard install is all. thanks.

Asus is best Motherboard manufacturer, second comes Giga-Byte, then rest MSI, ABit are striving their way through.

get any of Asus or Giga-Byte. Asus is more recommended.

But does all of the Asus A8V Motherboard have the Latest BIOS chips which reconize 90nm CPU... cause with Abit you have to update it yourself.

no it doesnt, u need bios flash also. I personally like the Abit av8 better than ANY asus... You can ask the website to send you a bioschip with the new bios, or just purchase it at biosman.com as you order you mobo.

BIOS update isnt difficult process, i dont know about other Mobo manufacturers, but on Asus, its very easy to accomplish. by Asus Update wizard. your BIOS will be upgraded in seconds and with ease.

best is to install any small operating system (like win98) and then upgarde BIOS, and then do setting accordingly. and finally quick format h/d and install windows XP or what ever you like to install.

wow dude blind arrow, you need to do your reading about recent technoligy :D
The 90nm chip wont allow your pc to POST. Therefore you can not update your bios using the update manager. You must buy a new bios chip, and replace it with your old one in your pc. Or if you have an older mobo with same bios as teh av8, you can simply replace the chips, flash bios on old pc, then put the chip back in, and ur good to go

Abit is the best motherboard manufacturer for overclocking. The have the best and safest features for overclocking while preserving your computer's life and keeping it at the fullest.

if i buy a AMD 64 3500+ with 0.13 Process stead of 90.nm Process i shouldnt have to replace the BIOS stead of replacing it should reconize the 0.13 3500+ CPU right? only reason you have to update BIOS if you have the 90nm right?

yup, i 2nd that one. Its an amazing Mobo. But let me tell you, all of the current mobos are all the same... the difference isnt visible to the eye. If you are not overclock, the av8 is a nice choice, as is any other one. Its a question of prefernce. For ocing, id look at the new nf4 mobos. You might have to wait a bit before tho :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom