A8N-SLI Deluxe Chipset Fan Failure Killed My Primary IDE Channel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok about a week ago my chipset fan went out and at the same time my pc stopped reading my primary ide channel which had a hard drive on it. i tried switching the drive with the cd drives and then the cd drives wouldnt work and i also tried 3 cables so i know the cables arnt bad as they work on the hd and in my moms pc. i called asus to get the replacement fan (they revised it from failure) and told them about it and the guy told me to try clearing my cmos and if that did nothing try a flash of the bios. well neither worked so im siting here with 2 120mm fans pointed at my chipset with my video card right above it obvisouly and i am pretty worried...after i get the new fan i think i will call them and tell them what happened again and that i want an rma i have only had this board since december should that be a problem?

Can anyone confirm the IDE host is intergrated into the northbridge?

I belive where your fan went out (northbridge) also fried you hard drive channel, since their are 2 IDE Hosts built into your northbridge.

Asus are dumb, personbally with a setup like yours I would get a real motherboard, but you can get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom