9800 xt or fx5950

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosteve

In Runtime
i just wanted to know which one is better the 9800xt or the fx5950

i personaly prefer the 9800xt

This argument absolutely comes down to preference. Although the XT scores considerably higher on 3DMark, its performance is completely comparable to the 5950 in application. Given these facts and the fact that both cards price between $400-480, its simply what brand youre most comfortable with.

Myself? 9800XT all the way.

Although im a Nvidia guy (dont aks me why i just like to be diffrent) 9800xt blew the 5950ultra away in benchmarks but benchmark are nothing comppared to real game play each card has pros and cons lik ati has major driver issues and nvidia performance on cirtain games is lower but then again is depends on what type of chipsets that game is based on and on each card you can see serveral differrecs's some things nvidia does ati dosent same thing the other around but if you belive in benchmarks then i say the 9800xt

i have a Ledtech FX 5950 Ultra and a ATI 9700 Pro AIW , 9800 xt In game play i see no difference between the 3 except when i play at higher resolutions the FX card performs better and cooling is alot better . ATI cards with stock cooling suck . Bottom line is you cant go wrong with any of these cards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom