6600GT reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
I was all set to get a Leadtek 6600GT to replace my crappy(reliability-wise) Radeon 9800SE but I was reading a review of it and the reviewer gave a link to this:-

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t1029-0.html

18 pages of problems etc. Seems I'd be very lucky if the one I get will be reliable without having to mess with the BIOS etc. Can any users put my mind at rest that this will be fine out of the box? I just want minimal hassle, particularly after the Radeon problems I've had.

haGGard said:
If you don't bother overclocking it, i'd say its bulletproof. ;)

Yeah, like I said I would just want to use it straight out of the box really, not interested in overclocking etc. I see you have one - have you had any problems at all?

Nope never. Even though mine is overclocked, its still fine. Though i've never had any GPU trouble before...

OK, cool - if 5 people in this thread say they have had no problems I'll consider it confirmation and go ahead and get it. :D

The problems on that page are not common problems. I have a Leadtek, and I haven't had any problems. You won't either.

i have a leadtek 6600GT as well and it's much cooler (cooler as in lower temperate, which = good) than the other 6600GT's stock

mine ran 37C idle and i don't think it ever topped 70 or 75C load, which is very good (of course, this is before i let it collect sh~t load of dust..then my temps rose like 5C or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom