6600gt broke off capacitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
i broke a capacitor off my brand new evga 6600gt and i pushed it back on how it was and it works fine. just it keeps warning me about how its not getting enough power because i only got a 300 wat psu but. wouldnt it not work it all if it wasnt right. i can get a exchange from newegg and wait weeks but is it worth it because it seems ok.

Who makes that PSU?

How did you put the capacitor back on?

The capacitor stores electricity, so it may affect it. It may be worth RMAing it.

well i turned the capacitor around, because i thought it wasnt working seein is it was saying it was needing power so often and it stopped saying it needed power to the video card so im guessing its working good now, my psu is made by codegen im not really sure if its generic or not, but the capacitor broke off when i was unhooking my hd my hand flung off while un pluging the power connector to it and it smashed in the the vga and broke off the capacitor. but it looks good and i belive it is working properly i get no artifacts umm, no errors hasnt said anything about low power yet, so i guess its good but please respond thanks

Well that may be an idea, but I like the idea that if it works, don't touch it, you may end up breaking it. Also if you do need to RMA it and they find solder all over it then they're gonna realise what happened.

Def RMA it. Say that you got it damaged. If you got it off of newegg, they'll probably beleive you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom