6600GT AGP read-out temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wha? how did you get a reading of your video card temp???... the 6600gt doesnt have a thermal sensor.

I have a thermal monitor built into my case, I have a feed going down to the video cards heat sink

The 6 series all have thermal sensors jolancer. Its under the advanced options.
Mr. Ghost. Those temps aren't right. Mine runs between 45 and 90 C right on the core, thats where it counts.

i hear that vid cards typically run much hotter then CPU's, and if you always wont to keep CPU about under 60c, then its prolly ok if the GPU hits 70c.

the way your reading the vid cards temperatur though is not accurate.

but you could prolly gaudge it as an estimate calibration, by adding 20c to your read out... your vid card loaded is not 42c, but prolly at least 62c, maybe a little higher or lower.

thats my guess... i dont have much experience with GPU temp so someone else can correct me if so. but i figured since i saw the 6800 run 52 to 58c loaded under HL2, id imagine the 6600gt may be 10c hotter then that because the clock speed on the 6800 is much lower.

EDIT:
The 6 series all have thermal sensors jolancer. Its under the advanced options.
Mr. Ghost. Those temps aren't right. Mine runs between 45 and 90 C right on the core, thats where it counts.

What? i used a 6600gt agp card with the lates nvidia drivers, and there is no thermal sensor readout with the driver.

im pritty shur the eVGA i had did not have a thermal sensor. Are you saying that yours does?

me and ghost have already verifyed that the agp versions do not have a thermal sensor.

anything under the 6800 on agp does not have a thermal senser iv heard... i didnt know the PCX versions do.

i have 6600GT PCIE and I run 42 idle and like 60 on load, for HL2 and Doom3 my nVidia Monitor picks up my thermal readings so I dunno about the AGPS

Joe - not all the brands of the 6600's have the temp sensor enabled automatically...I know my eVGA didn't and I had to edit the video cards BIOS to enable it....it's supposed to discourage OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom