6600 GT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
I just got the 6600 GT and had some problems with it so then I updated my Bios and all my drivers to the latest possible and for couple of days had no problem with it. I know I don't have a virus or any spyware so what can the problem be? I tried system restore and a bunch of stuff. Maybe my last chance is to reformat but I turn to you guys for any help.
Peace!
:beard:

How do we troubleshoot your problem when you don't give us any details about it?

We need to know what exactly this 'problem' is so we can figure out the cause.

i read something about the 66.93 drivers and how they are supposedly a flop and have been known to cause probs with compatibility and overclocking.. I deleted them and are waiting for the new ones ( few weeks)
for some reason everytime I overclocked my CPU it would go back to 3,2 and say i need to restart.. So whether thats the drivers or not.. I deleted em and am gona wait lol.. hopefully theyll fix the Nfsu 2 thingy as well == *Hopes* :d

I haven't had any problems with the 66.93, using an FX 5700 though, but yeah video drivers wouldn't have anything to do with a CPU OC

hmmz well now its not doing the weird OC thing... so hmmm, maybe they just didnt like my system, perhaps more an AMD fan =).. oh well bring on the new ones!

Yeah, new ones would be good anyway, usually means better instructions, better 3dmark scores, things like that.

Nubius said:
How do we troubleshoot your problem when you don't give us any details about it?

We need to know what exactly this 'problem' is so we can figure out the cause.

can't really describe this because I get different results each time I turn on my pc, Sometimes when I log in it will give me a fast blue screen and then just restart other times it works perfectly fine, sometimes it will boot but everything will be frozen and sometimes it won't run a certain program. Each time I get different results so I'm very confused what really is going on.

First of all 66.93 work fine for me, but the 70.20 betas work nicer.

Did you go from ATI to the 6600gt? If so there is one possable problem.

Did you not have any of these problems until you installed this card?

What card were you coming from?

If it was ATI then Alex is right because switching companies in video cards is known to cause problems and most suggest a format when you do this.

Also if you had a really weak card before it could be your power supply isn't up for it.

It's not so much the wattage isn't enough but if you look on the PSU and look for it's specs, you'd want the +12v rail to have a rating of ATLEAST 18a, but that's even becoming the low amount these days and 20a and above is suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom