6 monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crypty

Baseband Member
I recently got my hands on 3 medion top of the line systems each with dual monitor outputs. What I am looking to do here is create a 6 monitor setup using all of the computers.

I know its a longshot, but I am wondering if the 3 towers can be somehow linked together to make the 6 monitors act as one gigantic monitor under 3 processors/vid cards.
If I cant do this which i am expecting, Ill just have 3 dual monitor systems on my desk anyway. I do heavy graphic design and even if I am overdoing it a bit, it cant hurt :)

My other question is, are there monitors that are designed for this type of thing? ie ones with very small borders (LCD) and can anyone recommend some?
Obviously I would need a way to set this up so does anyone know of any type of wall mount thing I could use to get an arrangement like this:

thanks

the 'viewsonic VP171b' has very small boarders.. I have one right now and I love it.. It has 16ms responce time and excellent color.

I remember hearing about something like that somewhere, maybe a PC Gamer magazine?

I remember they just had 3 monitors, though, but they had them all sitting so that the first one was like normal, and the 2 on the sides were slanted so that it looked as if it were "surround" view or something :p

But anyways, it showed the PC playing Quake 3, and it looked sweet! The display really did split up into 3 "parts" over the 3 monitors, and it looked AWESOME.

With 6 monitors, it would probably be pretty troublesome, but I'm sure it could be done SOMEHOW.

Good luck on getting that to work. Sounds like a SWEET idea! *thumbs up*

matrox parhelia makes a 128mb and a 256mb both which dual dvi\triple vga output. the 256mb runs about 550 bucks.

you don't need more than 1 computer to run 6 monitors, just add PCI video cards to 1 machine. there was a thread about a slight simulator with like 10 computers running 20 monitors or something lika that. lets see if i can dig it up.....ahh here it is:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4165&highlight=flight+simulator

the link seems to be broken, hopefully you can google the current URL for the site if its still around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom