5.1 Speakers into 3 audio plugs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm now in my final stages of upgrading my PC...but I was wondering though...I wanted to buy the Logitech Z640 5.1 speakers...and I've never had any 5.1 speakers before...now I saw new motherboards that have 5 audio holes or so in the motherboard...so I understand that every speaker goes into its own hole in the motherboard...but apperantly, the motherboard says that I do have 6 channel audio, but I only have 3 holes in the motherboard...can you help me out? Will I be able to play 5.1 sound from my motherboard? IF so, how do I plug the speakers then...? The second question I have is what other good speakers for about the same price of the Logitech Z640 are there on the market, which are 5.1...and that are just as good, or better than the Z640. Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated. ;)

The Z-640 is the best bang for the buck. So if I were you, I'd just buy them. They will work on your motherboard. The three ports on your motherboard are for, mic, line in, and speakers. The other 5 speakers plug into the subwoofer.

O.K...then the next question would be...should I buy the 5.1 Z640 or the 6.1 X620 Both for the same price (special promotion...). Which should I buy? And will 6.1 work as good on my motherboard as 5.1 then? Thanks.

dont get the 6.1 its useless. and i dont think ur mobo support 7 channel.
ok the 3 parts on ur mobo should be 1 for the 2 front, 1 for the 2 back, 1 for center and sub. The way it works is that each plug supports stereo( 2 channels ).

each plug has two audio channels. in my 5.1 channel setup, there's the center/sub plug, the left/right plug and the left/right surround plug. Just match up the colors and it should be all good, go ahead and get the speakers.

Alright, thanks for the suggestions guys, the problem is now solved, thanks again to everyone who helped me out in this.

6 channel aduio means (5.1)

3 audio ports work in this way:

1 = 2 speakers FRONT
1 = 2 Speakers Rear
1 = Woofer

the center one will get the output from your decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom