5.1 but no sound out of the centre rear left, right and subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I have just connected my 5.1 home cinema system to my pc using an opticle cable and i only get sound out of the left and right speaker. only

I'm using the onboard sound on my av8 3rd eye motherboard, and the drivers that came with the mobo's cd. I have 6 channel sound set on it as well.

Any recomendations to get sound out the other speakers.

im using the speaker test thing, where it plays a noise out of each speaker.

Tell us the design of your speaker setup. Are you using a receiver or stereo system with your comp? How are things connected?

im using a sony home cinema system set up the usual way left, centre, right, rear right, rear left and subwoofer. they have are connected to a reciever, which i get dolby digital 5.1 out of with my xbox (connected to with an opticle) and dvd player (connected to it using a coaxil (orange one)) and the pc is connected to it using a opticle cable. all 5.1 speakers work as i used the test tone thing, which plays some random noise.

I got it working in a dvd through the nvidia decoder, but it still doesnt work on the speaker test. :(

go to abit's website and download any onboard sound drivers, if not maybe someone else knows, but otherwise with such a sweet sound setup i'd look into a soundblaster audigy 2

Your trouble may be the digital signal. Check your outputs and see if you have digital output turned on or off. Also, try testing the ports on your sound-card manually (with a speaker plugged into the other sockets) and see what happens. If you're getting sound with a straight connection, then you know you've got a problem in your PC->receiver->speakers setup, and not just in the PC.

It works with nvidia video codec, as i have watched shrek 2 with it in 5.1 :p

Did you purposely buy the Sony for your computer. Or did you have it and decide to connect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom