4 noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK I have four very noob like questions and I was wondering I am going to get 200 USD for my birthday and I was wondeing I need to get a new video card for 144 USD plus shipping and I need to know what the best one is also Does anyone have any clue when the 512 MB cards come out and how much they would be. Finally is there a good site for benchmarks of the top cards out. {AGP}

6600GT (AGP Version) or ATI X700XT (not sure if it has AGP)

In that price range, 512MB is useless - it should be out in a month

GrimReaper23, just look for reviews. They will compare hardware togather. The 512bit video cards will be around a grand.

512mb cards are gonna be like $500+ lol, minus that pointless 512mb 6200 lol

X700pro sucks ass and was a big failure

get the 6600gt AGP, it's the best bang for the buck (anything below that isn't worth it)

For agp your best bet would prob be 6600GT like every1 is saying. It is a good idea as you prob already know to stay away from xfx and it is recommended to get eVga. Also I doubt any game will need 512mb for a long time to come, and as for the ones that are coming out they should be here in a month or so like some1 said and will be a pretty penny.

OK also so the 512 MB is gonna be worthless that is my biggest worry. I wanna make sure that I buy something and it gets outdated in a few months.

For agp your best bet would prob be 6600GT like every1 is saying. It is a good idea as you prob already know to stay away from xfx and it is recommended to get eVga. The new cards should come soon and will cost a pretty penny, I think nubius had a fairly accurate price for them.
Oh well, 512mb cards shouldn't be needed for awhile unless they come out with some killer games soon unless you use some program that requires more than 256mb video memory.

Right now, 128MB is enough, 256 isnt necessary except for bleeding edge cards (I.E. 6800 GT/Ultra, X850 XT/PE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom