2 things

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
just before i start id like to personally thank everyone here at this place. 4 months ago i had NO clue about computers and you guys smarted me up on what to buy, where to buy, what component does what etc. and id like to thank everyone here. even during vs topics it isnt as bad as some other places ive visited. I just hope in time i can help other people just like you guys have helped me. Thanks alot everyone and i really have appreciated every single thing said (even criticism). and Now for the quesiton

im looking at buying a new screen and i saw this.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Hewlett_Packard_HP_L1815_18_1_in~CLT-HSNLF

the reason i am looking at it are 3 reasons.

1 is the size
2. is the max resolution (for games eg half life 2, doom 3)
and the 3rd is something brought up to me by you guys which is the repsonse time. which is 50ms.

the main reason i intend on buying this is to play games and videos at super quality. and i would like to know what anyone thinks on it and does the response time really count for anything?

LCD's have gotten better as far as quality but for gaming they tend to gost.CRT's are big and bulky but on good ones the refresh rate is very nice and they don't gost becuase of the refresh rate.

I would not recommend that monitor for gaming purposes. A response time of 50 ms is far too slow for gaming. So basically to answer your question, yes, the response time does count for something. If you have a response time of say 50 ms, there is a great possibility for ghosting and shadowing. This occurs basically because the monitor can't keep up with the action on the screen, and you'll see what looks like similar to blurred night vision or something along those lines. Most people recommend a monitor with a response time of 12 ms or less for gaming. Hope that helps.

the smaller the screen usually means they have got the response time down. i sell 17" ones with 12ms but ive seen alot with only 8ms, 19" ones are mainly 16" but some are down to 12. havent seen anything lower but there maybe. 50ms is terible ive never seen them that high lol. if u want a 19" flat screen u cant get any slower than 16ms preferably lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom