2 Systems One Keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
I have 2 completely different PC's set up right next to each other. One is basically a test machine, and one my main PC that I use every day.

Do they make a keyboard or keyboard contoller controller that can connect to both machines at the same time, and switch control from one to another??

you just need to get a switch... I forget the actual name of the darn thing but you can plug 2 machines into it so you can actually use 2 machines w/ one monitor/keyboard/mouse. Its pretty cool, however sometimes you might get a second or 2 of hesitation while the switch accesses the other machine.

sorry i forgot the name of the darn thing

btw... I will find out what the name of it is and post it here, b/c the info i gave you in this post wouldn't really help you.

thanks, i appreciate it

BTW, I love the second line of your sig LOL

Edit: Switch was the keyword, found one on tigerdirect for $19.99, thanks again.

As 2 guys have mentioned, it's called a KVM. But, be careful when you plug high grade equipment into the KVM. Nothing will get damaged mind you, but I've heard some specialized functions of some "mouses" don't work (yeah yeah. Maybe it's "mice").

Also, some people have also gotten flicker on their monitors. Check out the issues and reviews before purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom