2 RAM Sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngt007

Solid State Member
I have 2 different RAM spots on my motherboard and I have 1 RAM stick that is 256 MB and it has 2 little slots on the bottom, and I have another 128 and 256 MB that have 3 little slots at the bottom. I installed both of them but I only get 256 MB from the 2 slot stick. I took the 2 slot stick out in put in my 256 and my 128 and I get 304 somethin like that. Now, my question is can i put all the sticks in there and get like 640MB of RAM?

Always check your motherboard manual before you ever attempt to install anything on it.

I have no idea what type of memory that is, or what your motherboard supports, so I can't tell you if you can or not.

.....what? Need better descriptions that just '2 or 3 slots' on the bottom.

If they are all the same type of RAM and you have the available space...then put it in.

DDR can only mix with DDR and SDRAM can only mix with SDRAM so you need to know which one you have.

If you look and your RAM says PC100 or PC133 then it's SDRAM if it says like PC2100, PC2700, PC3200 then it's DDR ram and they will be compatible.

I think he means notches. You know the little notches on the bottom of the RAM module. I think he means like with DDR and DDR2 and the # and placement of the notches are different. If this is true about your RAM, then you can't use all of 'em.

if you have 2 notches on the bottom of a RAM stick then it is 168 pin (sdram).

if you have only 1 notch then it is either 184 (ddr) or 240 (ddr2)

never seen/heard of 3 notche's though...?

which kind of RAM came w/ your puter?

like the peeps ahead of me already said, you can't use one type w/ a different type.

Okay one is a SDRAM and one is a DDR.
Now I put the SDRAM and the DDR in at the same time and only the 256 DDR came up and not the SDRAM.

How do I DDR and SDRAM working together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom