2.8 GHZ pentium D is a better performer than x2 4800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
" the 820 is a phenomenal performer, exceeding even the X2 4800+ in terms of overall performance."

They did not do any game benchmarks. Also, the PD has 2.8GHz cores, where as the 4800+ has 2.4GHz cores. Nothing a little OCing wouldn't fix.

They did not do any game benchmarks. Also, the PD has 2.8GHz cores, where as the 4800+ has 2.4GHz cores. Nothing a little OCing wouldn't fix.
I have seen the 820 at close to 4Ghz on air over at XS.

*In the tests utilising dual core the Pentium D completely crushes the more expensive Athlon64 3800+*

No #*()%&$# sherlock

Photoshop tests? wow - Big deal. It did well in photoshop tests. I use a intel 2.8Ghz at work and it kicks photoshops butt... Loads fast, works fast, filters fast.

I don't need a Pentium D for Photoshop.

AMD has a hardtime with photoshop -.- Atleast mine do..... I think they should run some benchmark programs with these chips in the exact same enviroment on stock cooling.... And ones that DO NOT use both cores in a dual core chip because most programs still are not written to use dual core.

mine doesnt really have any problem running photoshop, its with using programs like Adobe After Effects that i see the disadvantages of AMD at video editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom