166 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
I Got this computer . On the post screen and in bios it says 166mhz. But yet the case looks like a atx The motherboard and its componets dont look like it has a 166 mhz processor. And it runs like it doesnt have a 166 cpu. It runs pretty good and i put windows xp in it What seems to be the problem. It cant be no 166 mhz processor .It is more like 500 CPU. Also when i put a modem in it ,The computer wont show no picture.When i take out the modem the post screen comes on

No i went into bios under cpu speed and seen that figure Could it be the person that owned the computer upgraded his computer and did not upgrade the bios. Also i think the reason when i put a new modem and it dont go into the post screen is because there are pins on the motherboard where the old modem came off of
but the memory plugins are modern which makes me think it is a newer motherboard regardless of the 166 cpu

JAYDALOSS said:
the memory plugins are modern which makes me think it is a newer motherboard regardless of the 166 cpu

Lot's of older socket 7 board's come with both edo and sdram slot's,It probably is a 166 cpu or it could be something a little bigger but with a bios that's not properly set,What doe's the cpu look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom