160GB hard drives only shows 127GB HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
ok...i bought a new Western Digital 160 GB 7200 RPM 8mb cache HD

i installed it...formated it with WIndows Xp....got all the new updates including SP2...yet my hard drive still shows as 127 GB

i updated my mobo bios, mobo drivers, IDE drivers, enabled 48-bit LBA in registy....i tried EVERYTHING but it still only shows up as 127GB...please help me

I had a similar issue when I purchased my 300GB hard drive..WOW what a bastard that was to get XP to show all 300GB..well 28* or whatever you end up really getting...

Anywho mine was a Maxtor and came with some software called MaxBlast to allow me to set my partition settings and by default all I was showing was 127GB as well. I then installed the software under windows and it let me resize it correctly. Have you loaded the software that came with the drive? I know I didnt cause I didnt think that I needed it.

Hey,
you need to flash your bios to update it to see sizes larger than 127gb. proprietary software would help as well but a bios update will solve your problem.

You need to install SP1 and resize the partition or re-partition (delete then create new)
SP1 comes with LBA 48bit support, only editing the registry doesn't help I think.

FDISK does not support LBA 48bit because the BIOS doesn't. FDISK gets all info directly from the BIOS.

Yea my 200 shows as 127 b/c I have win98 and I cant have more than that due to what Major stated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom