$1500 System - Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug

Solid State Member
What do you think of the price for this system($1500-No Monitor/OS)? It looks too good to me, what components are generic? What would you guys change? Thanks for the help.

P4-3.0GHz (800MHz FSB) Socket 478 Processor w/Hyper-ThreadingTechnology
Intel P4 Original CPU Cooling Copper Heatsink
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro 800MHz FSB, Dual Channel DDR 400 Motherboard w/ 8X AGP, 6-CH Audio, 1394 Firewire, Serial ATA & USB 2.0
1.0GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory
120GB (7200RPM) ATA 133 IDE Hard Drive
Pioneer 16X (48X CD) "Slot" DVD Drive
Pioneer 4X DVDRW/CDRW/DVD/CDR All-In-One Drive
4X/8X AGP - GeForce FX 5600 128MB DDR 3.6ns w/ TV out, DVI, VIVO & Dual Monitor
Sound Blaster Audigy w/ SB 1394 Firewire
Lucent 56K v.92 Internal Fax Modem
10/100 PCI Ethernet Card
Hugebee Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard
Hugebee 4D PS/2 Optical Mouse w/ Scroll
1000W P.M.P.O. (30Watts R.M.S) 3pcs Subwoofer Speaker System
400W Motor Driven Aluminum Neon MATRIX Case w/ Side Fan

BTW - I found it on internetishop.com. Do you know anyhting about them? I cant find any reviews - very concerning.

I bought a Compaq that has pretty much all the same stuff except with 512 mb memory for $900, and it came with Windows XP Home, so it doesn't look like that great a deal to me. The extra memory definitely isn't worth $500. You could get a compaq and just buy some memory - it'd probably come out to about $100 for 500 meg.

Compaq, for the most part, uses nominal to substandard parts.. I wouldn't use a compaq again if they paid me.

Most of the hardware there looks pretty good, with the exception of the MB, and video card. The Motherboard is decent, but not tops and you're paying tops price on this.. Also, the Video card isn't an "Ultra" version and that makes a big difference in both resolution ability and FPS. For the price, you should be getting an Ultra...

I'd also want to know who made the Ram.. If it's made by crap.com or they won't tell you, don't bother... The optical drives look good, the HD is tops, but...... who the criz is Hugebee?? lol..

Um.. all in all, it's a descent system, but I think it's a bit over priced. Especially if the Ram is poor quality.

Check out this link.... It's a buildout list for an AMD system.. As you will see, even with a Gig of Corsair on twin sticks with heatsinks, and a 19" monitor, I'm coming in under the price you have there and all of the parts that I have on the list are high to superior quality.. (the CPU is a little slower too)

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=386260

Don't skimp on the details when buying a PC.. It'll cost ya later..

Alexander

YEa I agree with Alexander, I would alsoreccomend you to build your own, it doesnt take too long to learn and the rewards are great

Wow, this has been extremely helpful. I think I am going to take the time to learn how to build my own. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom