USB microphone wiring issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTrain

Beta member
Hey there. I broke my USB headset/mic the other day and decided to put the mic onto my other set of headphones and just use the two separate cables. However...my microphone has two wires(Black,White) that I can't seem to match up to the USB cable wires(non-shielded ground, red, green, black, and blue). I know I can hook it up to just get the mic working and use the headphones for audio, but i'm lost at how to hook it up since they are so different. Any help would be awesome. Thanks :)

The solution isn't as simple as you're likely thinking. Preamp, an ADC, plus something to send that using the usb standard; these things (and maybe more) need to be in between the mic and the USB port for it to work.

The headset is a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. It is a pretty simple built headset without a board like most gaming or USB headset have these days. Once it leaves the small board that has the volume control and mute on it(halfway down the wire), it runs directly to the speaker and mic from there. So unless it was using the two wires that were running to the speaker to run the mic, it should work like it did coming from the factory. I just don't know what wires go to what. The only two that went to the speaker were the black and blue wires. Leaving the non shielded ground, red and green wires for the mic. But I don't know how to match these up to the white and black coming from the mic itself without messing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom