Unsure about problem with PSU - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Unsure about problem with PSU

CLOSED
Hello! I'm a new member and I need a little bit of help that I couldn't find any precise information about my PSU.
This morning I was not able to turn on my PC anymore. Power is not being delivered at all so I thought it was the PSU. After some basic tests by changing outlets, my PSU delivers power to parts after pressing the button, but for a very small fraction of a second. I'm using a multimeter test tutorial and during the step where pins 15 and 16 are short fused, the same thing happens but more consistently, as the power will briefly spread for a moment after every time I create the short fuse. My pins also don't show any voltage at all and no continuity. Before I decide to throw some of my savings into a new PSU, I want to ask if it could potentially be a problem with the cables, and if there are any other tests besides this one to make sure my PSU is dead.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: Unsure about problem with PSU

yup... but you'll have to cough up $13.
https://www.amazon.com/Computer-PC-T...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Old 02-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Unsure about problem with PSU

I wish it was only 13$, and that amount in my currency doesn't help either. Thanks either way

Tags
maintence, power supply unit