Sound Skipping Problems in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miragey

Beta member
Hello everyone. :)

For Christmas, I received a new sound card, it's a Maya44 USB Audio Device, for use in Cubase and the likes. However, it has also provided me with some strange issues. Whenever I listen to sound, be it in Foobar2000, Firefox or pretty much anywhere else, the sound skips whenever I type on my keyboard. Really strange thing is, the amount of skipping seems to vary with each reboot.

Sometimes it skips so much it's unbearable to listen to, other times it skips less, but still noticeably, and some times sound runs fine. I have no explanation for this inconsistency.
I actually had the problem with my old sound card (Nvidia Nforce Audio Processing Unit, came with the PC) but to a lesser degree. Often (but not always) when I ran World of Warcraft, the game would run at a higher speed (not better performance, just everything going faster, my character would actually run faster than other players), huge latency, and again, sound skipping whenever I typed. But now the problem is with my audio in general. I tried finding solutions on the internet, but I only got around to finding that it might have to do with the Device Drivers, something I'm not good enough with computers to start messing with myself.

I run Windows XP, on a Shuttle PC. If there's any other info i've omitted, please tell me. I really hope someone has some suggestions or maybe a solution. :) thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom