Retrieving files from laptop with error code 1328.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyblue

Beta member
Hi
I am not that technically minded but will do my best to explain my problem.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with XP that will not boot up.

When I switch on all that appears, within 5 seconds, is a dos screen with Loading PBR 2.......done and a flashing cursor which does not accept any keystrokes. I have accessed F12 at boot up and selected the diagnostics option. This tells me, at 86% overall progress, I have an error code OFOO:1328 Msg. Block 2560384 Timeout waiting for drive not busy. Then other codes such as 0228, 0262.

Can this problem be resolved?

If not:-

Can I retrieve all of my data, even though I cannot boot up the laptop?
I have a desktop pc with Windows 7 that the laptop is wirelessly connected to. Could I use an ethernet lead or USB cable as a hard connection to read the hard disc through my desktop pc?

Is the hard disc irreparable? Have I lost all of my data? Is my laptop is no more?

Your advice and help would be much appreciated.

Regards

sounds like a bad hard drive. what I would do is pull the hard drive out of that computer and add it to a known working computer, run a virus scan on that drive, then run a hard drive diagnostics test. You can get these from the hard drive manufacture (eg. seagate, western digital) run the test which should take a few hours. After that reinstall the drive in your laptop and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom