Recovering Data from dead hard drive

TechnoChicken

Professional Amature
I Have 9 Seagate harddrives that are all dead and I was wondering if any of you could help me recover them I will post the info for the first one shortly

Hard Drive 1

Model: Seagate barracuda 7200.11 500GB

Format: HFS

I inserted This hard drive into my windows 7 desktop Via one of the SATA ports I tried to read the hard drive with HFS explorer for windows but it could only read 11gb of it. my guess would be that the rest is corrupted If anyone has any tips as to how to read a corrupted hard drive please post here

P.S I do have access to an older mac running snow leopard

I had great success using R-Studio to recover data from a hard drive that failed.

If SpinRite doesn't do the trick, check the firmware revision on the drive... The 7200.11 drives had a known firmware bug that could almost entirely brick the drives. Seagate actually got so much backlash about it that they offered to pay to ship the drives to them, flash new firmware to it, and send the drives back. But, they recommended retiring the drives once the customer recovered the data. I did because there was a ridiculous performance hit.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/11112/seagate_admits_to_mass_hdd_failures_firmware_bug/index.html

Seriously, 7200.11 drives sucked, surprised anyone has one in use these days.

Back
Top Bottom