RAM Probelems...maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfgcjm

Baseband Member
So I just built my new computer...installed windows and all that jazz while running a few in-windows test products I ended up with my favorite friend the "Blue Screen of Death" twice (at 2 different times); with two different error codes:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

I was first inclined to think..."****, my RAM is screwed"

So i downloaded memtest86, threw it on a bootable floppy and began to run tests. Now...I have 2 sets of Dual Channel RAM one is Patriot and the other Corsair (1g per stick) so i decided to test the RAM by the channel set. My Corsair RAM made it through all 9 tests that memtest86. (with no errors). However, With the Corsair in the middle of test 9 it auto rebooted but then i ran test 9 overnight and it completed 3 passes fine. The Patriot ran 0-4 flawlessly then froze (with no errors) while trying to do a second pass on test 5 and then i rebooted and tried to run it again...it gets to about 80% and then on the progress line it shows PASS 0%j and is frozen. If i skip test 5; 6 & 7 run fine and with no errors. Test 8 "Unexpected Halting" and then some stack codes...Rebooted tried to run 8 again one pass successful and froze at 0% while trying to run 2nd pass. As we speak...9 is in process and is showing no sign or errors yet.

I'm not quite sure how to interperet this

Also just as a side note, I tried to burn a DVD on the system just as a test and it auto rebooted in the middle of the multiplexing -- no errors though

Confused? I am.
Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Chris

System:
- Intel Quad Core Duo 2 (2.4ghz) Q6600
- DP35DP Motherboard
- EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
- 2 x 1024mb 800mhz Corsair 6400 RAM
- 2 x 1024mb 800mhz Patriot 6400 RAM
- DVD-RW Dual Layer optical drive
- Seagate SATA II 7200 RPM HD

mixing RAM brands isnt usually a good idea but if they run at the same speed then i guess it ok. My guess is the HD since it said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA , try running tests on your HD and see if anything pops up. If nothing comes up then remove the Patriot RAm and see if you continue to get BSOD

Thanks but i found my problem...just forgot to post and let you guys know...my problem was that my board only supports 5-5-5 1.8v RAM. The RAM i bought was 4-4-4 2.2v

I'm hoping that was all that was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom