Problems with a Samsung SyncMaster 203B

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Hi everyone, I have a problem with this monitor that I just got today from my uncle. He left it in the garage for months and finally dug it out of there; thought it'd be nice to give it to me. My uncle and I was thinking that it was still in great condition and might still be working but when I brought it home, hooked it up to my system, nothing came on.

I was checking to see if the D-Sub cable was set into its spot and it was, along with the monitors power cable. Then I look in the front and I hear a low volume beep along with the blue power button blinking continuously. I don't exactly know what the problem is with the monitor but I guess this might have been the reason why my uncle bought another monitor and left this one to collect the dust.

If anyone know what is wrong with this, I'd love to find out and fix it. I don't want to see a beautiful monitor like this go to waste because I'm sure I can use it if I fixed what's wrong.

One more thing is that, when I hooked it up to the Samsung, then back to my Westinghouse, my resolution changed and had to reconfigure it with the nVidia Control Panel. It was weird because my resolution was set to 1400x850 and when I changed it back to 1440x900, it said it was out of range.

Anyways, hopefully someone can help me fix this if they have this monitor and have had the same exact problem as I'm having right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

-phucng_10

19 Views and no replies? Where are all the oldie members on tech forums...?

You said it. The Monitor is most likely dead. With the price of LCD's now most people just recycle the broken ones and get new ones. Not many people try to fix it themselves.

You would be better off trying to contact Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom