Problem with my sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maladrin7196

Beta member
It's probalbly been about 2 years now since my sound stopped working. A few days before it went out for good, my sound was shutting off every once and a while and would stay shut off for a few hours. I have looked everywhere to try to fix this problem. Ive downloaded drivers, reset my audio and made sure my volume was all the way up. Windows says that the device is working properly. I have a Realtek AC97 Audio and the drivers from their site didnt help. I have a eMachines W3050 Windows XP and my system manufacturor was Gateway. Im pretty sure my sound card is integrated into my motherboard. I just want some advice on what to do. Are there any drivers out there that would work. Any way to figure out if my sound card is broken and if so, can I buy another one to put in my computer. All help is greatly appriciated.

I have already downloaded the driver for windows xp. I went to realtek website, clicked on downloads, then AC97 audio codecs (software), accepted and downloaded the driver right above the linux part but my sound still doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom