Pls help, craziest thing ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsauze

Beta member
Hello. For months now i have been battling with my girlfriends computer. I've never seen anything like this. Her computer turns on but doesnt post, no display on monitor, heres where it gets funny. The Only way i can get it to post and display is to take the side panel off(the side the motherboard is attached to) and push in at the top, the back panel that the motherboard is attached to almost has to be cockeyed. So what i do is push in on the top of the panel so it bends a little, then power it up, it comes on but soon as i release pressure it freezes..... I have no clue what the cause of this is. Ive taken everything out and tried a different case, and still same thing. I'm about to just take it out back and let my SR40 take care of it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will attach some pictures to explain what i mean by twisting the panel, pushing top in and bottom out.

Thanks, stephan

imag0133w.jpg

imag0132e.jpg

From the picture......... Yes... you can see them.

But it is a shorting. You need to take out the mobo andremove any extra stand8offs and reseat it.... But try booting with it out of the case.

You also have rust in the case.....

Looks like a bent motherboard tray, or it has not been properly inserted into the case. You should disconnect all cards from the motherboard (graphics card, etc) and try to get the motherboard tray to fit properly. You may also have to check if there are no unnecessary standoffs in the motherboard tray. You would have to remove the motherboard to check this or if you have to bend it straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom